The DS1921G Thermochron iButton is a rugged, self-sufficient system that measures temperature and records the results in a protected memory section. The recording is done at a user-defined rate, as both a direct storage of temperature values and in the form of a histogram. Up to 2,048 temperature values are taken and stored at equidistant intervals ranging from 1 to 255 minutes. The histogram provides 63 data bins with a resolution of 2.0C. If the temperature leaves a user-programmable range, the DS1921G also records when this happened, for how long the temperature stayed outside the permitted range, and if the temperature was too high or too low.
An additional 512 bytes of read/write NV memory allow storing information pertaining to the object to which the DS1921G is associated. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire protocol, which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. Every DS1921G is factory lasered with a guaranteed unique electrically readable, 64-bit registration number that allows for absolute traceability.
The durable stainless steel package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Accessories permit the DS1921G to be mounted on almost any object, including containers, pallets, and bags.
- Digital Thermometer Measures Temperature in 0.5C Increments.
- Built-In Real-Time Clock (RTC) and Timer has Accuracy of 2 Minutes per Month from 0C to 45C.
- Automatically Wakes Up and Measures Temperature at User-Programmable Intervals From 1 to 255 Minutes.
- Logs up to 2048 consecutive temperature measurements in protected nonvolatile (NV) memory.
- Records a Long-Term Temperature Histogram With 2.0C Resolution.
- Programmable Temperature-High and Temperature-Low Alarm Trip Points.
- Records Up to 24 Time Stamps and Durations when Temperature Leaves the Range Specified by the Trip Points.
- 512 Bytes of General-Purpose Read/Write NV Memory.
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at 15.4kb or 125kbps Using 1-Wire Protocol.